Total Miles: 67
Total Time: 9:00
Monday: 0 Miles - Day off
Tuesday: AM: 4 miles easy average 8:30/mi, 142 bpm.
PM: 5 miles easy 43:21 - no HRM
Wendesday: AM: 8 miles easy average 8:14/mi, 145 bpm
Thursday: MAF (Maximum Aerobic Function) Test. Warm up 3.1 miles average 8.29/mi, 144 bpm.
MAF Test 5 miles on the track
1. 7:48 @ 144 bpm
2. 7:57 @ 146 bpm
3. 7:57 @ 146 bpm
4. 7:54 @ 147 bpm
5. 8:00 @ 147 bpm
2.25 mi cool down average 8:08/mi, 145 bpm
Friday: AM: 8 miles easy, average 8:12/mi, 145 bpm
Saturday: 15 miles easy, average 8:10/mi, 147 bpm
Sunday: 15 miles easy, average 8:07/mi, 147 bpm
This week was a recovery week and another MAF Test to see how I am absorbing my training. I was pleased with the result as I averaged almost a minute better per mile (55") better than the last test on 5/27/2009.
I am disapointed in my training runs at MAF heart rate though. Last year I was averaging a 7:50/mi pace in my training runs at that heart rate this time of year. All of the off time begining this year, while my hamstring was healing, may be the cause. We are also running about 8 degrees warmer in the day and 10 degrees warmer overnight than we were last year. This does not help. I will watch this closely, and pay even more attention to my hydration, as I work through the next three weeks watching for improvement.
Over the next three weeks I will be building my mileage to 95 miles. All of the training will be below AeT (Aerobic Threshold) and will include only some short strides and short hill reps for strength.
Week training log
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment