Total Miles: 82
Total Time: 10:40
Monday: 20 min warm up, average 7:40/mi 150 bpm. 5 x 1000 on 3:00' recovery (3:48, 3:47, 3:47, 3:48, 3:47). This workout felt very easy
Tuesday: AM: 45 min easy average 8:00/mi 147 bpm. PM: 45 min easy average 7:57/mi. My HR monitor was flakey and recorded an average of 184 bpm. I'm positive that's not right
Wendesday: 75 min easy, average 8:18/mi, 142 bpm. I was very tired for this run.
Thursday: 3 mile warm-up average 7:38/mi 148 bpm then two sets of 10 x 200 meters in mostly 42". I ran a couple of 41's and one 45". The 45" was on the first rep. in the second set. I was asleep at the switch.
Friday: 75 min easy, average 8:08/mi and 145 bpm.
Saturday: 2 hours easy, average 7:55/mi, 147 bpm
Sunday: 2 hours easy average 7:50/mi, 150 bpm
This week has been my highest mileage of the year and since the hammy injury. All in all I feel good, however I can tell by my heart rates that my training is not progressing as quickly as I would like. Monday starts a recovery week of easy running. I will have to see how that goes and adjust the next training block.
Hydration is becoming a huge issue. The temperatures here in Houston have adjusted to lows in the mid 70's and highs in the mid 90's. Running early in the morning is the coolest, but also the most humid with humidity in the upper 80% - 90% range. Evening runs are in the upper 80 degree range, but the humidity backs off to low 70%. All this means drink... a lot.
Week training log
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment