
Total Miles: 80
Total Time: 10:41
Monday: AM: 6 miles easy, average 8:16/mi, 142 bpm
PM: 4 miles easy in approximately 33 minutes. No watch, no HRM
Tuesday: AM: 10 miles. Warm Up 3 miles average 8:02/mile, 142 bpm. 5 miles at 148 - 152 bpm, average 7:32/ mile, 152 bpm. Then 6 x 25" strides at 5:30 pace and a 2 mile cool down.
PM: 4 mile recovery run, average 8:47/mile, 139 bpm
Wendesday: 0 miles. I feel a little under the weather today and I would rather loose one day to caution than several days to illness.
Thursday: AM: 10 Mile Progression Run: Warm Up 3 miles, average 8:10/mi at 145 bpm. 2 miles at 148 - 152 bpm, average 7:35/ mile. 2 miles at 153 - 155 bpm, averate 7:27/mile. 2 miles at 156 - 158 bpm 7:16/mile.
PM: 7 mile recovery run in about 1 hour, no watch, no HRM.
Friday: AM: 9 miles, average 7:57/mile, 146 bpm
PM: 7 miles, average 7:56/mile, no HRM
Saturday: AM: 13 miles with Carl, average 7:55/mile, 145 bpm
Sunday: AM: 10 miles in ~ 1:15
A pretty good week inspite of losing Wednesday's training. Perhaps I've finally learned from my past mistakes. I felt solid for the remainder of the week.
It's good to see that I am able to run under 8:00/mi very aerobically at last, especially with the heat and humidity we've had here in the past week. 80 miles was the goal for the week and I did manage to get that albeit by cramming more running into fewer days. Surprisingly, I don't feel that fatigued from it.
Sunday I was working for OnUrLeft at their Duathlon. It was a really short painful race, 2 mile / 10 mile / 2 mile. Props to Stephen Milford on his win and all of the athletes who came out. For me the best part of the day was all of the compliments to the race director. Job well done Aaron!

No comments:
Post a Comment