Friday, June 12, 2009

Training June 1 - June 7, 2009

Total Miles: 70
Total Time: 9 1/2 hours

Most of my running is currently at approximately an 8:15/mi pace and a heart rate of 145 bpm. I am doing two quality workouts, one on Monday evening and the other on Thursday morning.

Monday's workout was a 20 minute warm up with 6 strides then 5 x 1000 in 3:55 on 3:00 minutes recovery. I ran these in: 3:53, 3:55, 3:54, 3:51, 3:51. A little over a 2 mile cool down gave me 9.5 miles for the workout.

Thursdays workout was a 20 minute warm up then 2 sets of 10 x 200 in 43" on 1 minute recovery and 10 minutes of easy jogging between sets and a 20 minute cool down giving me just under 10 miles for the workout. I hit my splits accurately. I only ran two under 43".

Extra Training consisted of 45 minutes of stretching and foam roller work each day and 10 minutes of core. I need to do more core work, but I get bored with it too easily.

It has finally warmed up here in Houston. Overnight lows in the upper 70's and highs in the low 90's - and, this is not even summer weather yet. Ugh! It definately takes a toll on heart rates and pace.

No comments: