My hamstring injury has sidelined my running for the foreseeable future. So in the spirit of "Who Moved My Cheese", I have gone headlong back to cycling and swimming logging 150 miles on the bike last week and 12,400 yards in the pool. Only 35 miles of biking was done on the CompuTrainer. Saturday I rode 75 miles with two other guys on my road bike. Sunday I logged 50 miles on the tribike. A solid first week back to riding
Saturday's ride was WINDY! Fortunately, we had a headwind on the way out and a nice tailwind most of the way back. This was a great ride for me. Not because I rode particularly well. The pace was civil and I held on. The ride was great because of the two guys I rode with. No egos. No B.S. Just a solid shared effort from each of us
One of the guys is a friend from my swim group which recently disbanded for the winter. He is a fascinating guy who has done it all from the early days as a triathlete to base jumping El Capitan! The other is an accomplished road racer. No egos. No B.S. Just solid guys to ride with.
Week training log
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment