
I like Clif Bars. I like the Clif Bar Company too I also like cooking. I like cooking so much, that I made it my first career. (Yes, it is true. I have been involved with the CIA and that is all I am able to say.)
When you combine a bit of free time, some knowledge of food, and an injured runner/ triathlete the result is a do it yourself "Clif Bar".
I started with this: which is a pretty good recipe. I found that adding the date paste and a little whole wheat flour made for a better consistency.
Recipe Yield: 6 Bars
1 1/4 Cup Rice Crispies Cereal
1 Cup Quick Oats
1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries Chopped
1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1 Tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 Fluid Ounce Water
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Tablespoon Almond Butter
3 Tablespoon Date Paste
1. Grease an 8" X 8" pan
2. Heat Sugars and water together - make a simple syrup
3. Stir in Nut Butter and Vanilla and Whole Wheat flour, cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly on medium low heat
4. Combine with Dry ingredients
5. Press into pan with wax paper and let cool.
6. Cut into 6 bars
See the nutrition lable picture at top for details.

No comments:
Post a Comment