Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Training August 24 - Sept 6 2009

Total Miles: 94 miles
Total Time: 12:30

Again, mostly crap running in the past two weeks. I finally admitted to myself that my problems are the result of overtraining. I did not want to admit that I could not handle the training, but... in the end, the proof is in the HRM.

I finally had a good run on Saturday September the 5th. It was not fast, but at least I did not feel terrible. The pace was OK, more importantly, my heart rates were back to about where they should be. So, 12 miles at 7:57/mile and an average HR of 144.

On Sunday, the 6th, I ran 15 by myself and averaged 7:50 at 145 bpm in Dallas. White Rock lake is a great place to run.

My mind is in better shape too. I was really begining to lose the desire to keep on with this.

This coming week I plan to do two quality workouts, Tuesday and Saturday. The rest of the days will be easy, easy, easy - focused on recovering for the next quality workout. I am also planning to start riding again on Sundays with SWCC. This should give me the additional aerobic work without stressing my hips so much.

No comments: